5 Reasons to Consider a Modular Data Center
USB devices can be turned into ticking time bombs.
David Wang is theCEO and president of Wave2Wave, a provider of infrastructure solutions that enable leading enterprises to realize the benefits of next generation data center technologies. He gives IT TechNewsDaily readers five reasons to consider a modular data center for data storage.
- The mobility and disaster recovery features provide a cost-effective solution of building an IT infrastructure in large- or medium-size businesses.
- Modular data centers can be deployed in an existing unused space, such as an enterprise's basement or back of the warehouse.
- They provide all the functionalities needed and provided by a mission critical data center, including security, fire suppressions and higher efficiency such as cooling.
- As enterprises expand or move to a new location, the re-deployment of the entire data center infrastructure can happen in hours, versus weeks or months.
- Modular data centers could insulate an IT infrastructure from damage from natural disasters.